Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cheese Scrambled Eggs


Sunday breakfast at our place usually ends up being a brunch. I hate mornings.. and on Sunday I try to stay in bed for as long as I can. This Sunday was no exception; and now with Sid gone for a month on his shoot, there was no one to persuade me to do otherwise. So I woke up at 10am and remembered too late that I had asked A to come over for breakfast! But luckily, A is no early riser himself!

What started out as a promise to feed breakfast, soon turned into a mini brunch. Cheesy scrambled eggs with toast, fried green tomatoes, and eggless pancakes were the “Sunday Specials”. And the brunch turned out to be so delicious and filling, that I skipped lunch altogether… or maybe that’s because by the time we were done, it was 12.30! But I’m not complaining, and neither is A I think.

Cheesy Scrambled Eggs

Eggs – 3
Herb cheese – 1 cube (I use Laughing Cow assorted cheese cubes)
Milk – ¼ cup
Oregano
Chilli Flakes
Salt
Pepper
Coriander leaves
Oil/Butter – 2 tsp
Olives (for garnish)

Whisk together the eggs, cheese and milk in a bowl. I crumbled in a piece of Danish Blue Cheese I had to add that extra zing. When the eggs are light and frothy, add the oregano, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Remember to go easy on the salt if the cheese you are using is a bit salty. Whisk again.

Heat the oil/butter in a non stick frying pan. When it’s hot enough, pour in the egg mixture slowly and start stirring. Make sure your flame is not on high otherwise the eggs may burn or turn brown. Remove from pan while still a little creamy. Garnish with coriander leaves and olives. Serve piping hot with some buttered toast.